Instead of going to a new place we decided to go to the sushi restaurant again. I was excited to hold the kitten and found out her name is Colita. That means little tail in Spanish.
After finishing dinner we all went to the beach. I like to walk on the beach at night.
No Spanish class on Friday! Dad and Ryan left to go have a scuba class. Sleeping in was terrific! Before they took off we had a visitor. It was a monkey and she was friendly. We gave her a banana. Mom and I went swimming all day. By night time Mom was as red as a lobster
1. They are related to woodpeckers.
2. Their bill is hollow and lightweight.
3. They like to stay in small groups and are playful with each other.
4. Mated pairs like to be left alone.
5. They are not endangered.
6. Their diet is made up of very ripe, hanging fruit that they snip off, throw into the air and catch it with their bill. They are frugivores but will sometimes eat small lizards and snakes.
7. Toucans nest in natural tree cavities or ones made by woodpeckers. They like to be up high in the canopy layer.
We have seen Chestnut-mandibled Toucans and Firey-billed Aracari. I really want to see a Keel-billed Toucan they have the most colors!